Pages

Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's no secret that I love pizza... Here are the first food shots with my new camera. I'll have to work on the lighting... Nasty kitchen lighting makes everything yellow, but super bright flash makes everything sharp.  Click on "read more" for recipe. 






Super Quick Pizza Nite

What you need....
1lb bag of Trader Joes whole wheat pizza dough (set on counter 60 minutes before using for best results)
Whatever veggiesare flying around your fridge. I had roasted red peppers, capers, onion, garlic, and some extra firm tofu.
Olive oil
Herbs and spices
Some cheese
This is super simple and actually not pizza I guess, since I had no sauce. 

Preheat oven to 450. Roll out dough into a rectangle or circle, and brush with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle dough with crushed red peppers for a spicy zing, or dried parsley/basil/thyme/orgeano. Slice onion extremely thin and layer on top of olive oil. Mince garlic and sprinkle over the onion. Now layer on your other random veggies, spinkle with a small amount of cheese (1/4 cup) to keep things sticking on there. I sliced the tofu super super thin and layered on top like pepperoni. Spinkle something on top of the tofu to give it some flavor to take in. Bake for 12-18 minutes till crust is browned and cheese is bubbly. Yuuuum

No comments: