1 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cloves chopped garlic
frozen veggies, I used corn and peas
1-2 tlbs of curry paste/powder/mixture of tumeric, spices, etc.
1-2 tlbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- In a tight mesh strainer, rinse your quinoa in cold water. If the mesh isn't tight enough, you'll lose the quinoa down the drain!
- Heat up a medium skillet on medium heat with a bit of olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the skillet and toss until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add quinoa, water and curry. Mix well, then raise heat until boiling.
- Add vegetables, turn heat down to low and cover. Simmer for 15-18 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!