Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Recipe: Spicy Tortellini Soup

It is so cold in my house I can hardly stand going to the kitchen to make food. Phil did some amazing kitchen tricks this week with some elk steaks, including a pomegranate reduction and a sweet, caramelized sauce with onions. Yum yum! This afternoon I needed a quick warm meal so I whipped this soup up. It was so good I had to pass it along...

Spicy Tortellini Soup
1 russet potato, diced
1/2 cup diced sweet onion
4 garlic cloves, chipped
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 tbs nutritional yeast flakes
3 tbs Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
2-3 tbs hot curry powder (3 tbs was almost too hot for me to eat)
2 cups (3 hand fulls?) dry tortellinis with cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

  • Heat broth up on medium high burner and add potatoes, onion, garlic, yeast flakes, Braggs, and hot curry powder. Bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat to simmer and stir often for 20 minutes.
  • Add tortellinis and simmer for 10-15 more minutes.
  • Dish up and add salt and pepper to taste! Top with sour cream to cool off the curry powder if you accidentally add too much like I did.
This is a great winter soup that can have many other things added to it and is quick to make during finals week. Yippy!

No comments: