Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Food Testing


So, Grandma challenged me to making dinner rolls for Thanksgiving. This is something I have never done. I've spent the past few days looking at recipes. Then, I spent a whole night reading the bread section of Harold Magee's On Food and Cooking, trying to understand the best method to getting the crusty outside and chewy inside. Trying to decide if I should go white or wheat, herbed or plain, twisted or round, oh my god there are so many choices! Here's what I tested today.... I think they're a hit! Whole wheat with oats on top. They're perfect.

2 comments:

Keith Pearen said...

Have you considered making this an official food blog? Maybe you need a food related profession? Tasting it, writing about it, teaching it, or cooking it.

Arielita said...

And this is why I love you Molly! I bet your rolls were amazing...I garantee they were better than my entire meal at The Outback on Thanksgiving.