Here is a shameless plug for my cooking skills! I should have taken some preparation pictures, but I didn't think about it at the time, as I was making it up while I went.
Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas:
Chicken breast (maybe a lb?); washed and all fat removed
Canned chipotle in adobo sauce (the secret ingredient!)
Walla walla onion; thinly sliced
Garlic; chopped finely
Salt and pepper
- Put 2-3tbls olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat and add chicken breast and canned chipotle with adobo sauce. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic and onion in 1 tbls oil until onion is clear and limp.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 part sour cream with 2 parts cottage cheese. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Then add the garlic and onion and mix well.
- When chicken breast is thoroughly cooked and tender, take out of pan with a fork or slotted spoon and shred into long strips with two forks.
- Remove one or two chipotles from the pan and dice into tiny pieces. (Skip this step if you're aren't into super hot stuff!) Toss with shredded chicken. Add 1 cup of the water from the frying pan to keep chicken moist.
- Heat corn tortillas in a low oven, or a low setting on the stove.
- Add 1 part cheesey sourcream mix to tortilla and 3 parts chicken.
- Tightly roll and put into a casserole pan seam side down. Continue this method until something runs out or the pan is full.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top, smother with enchilada sauce and bake at 350 for about 20min or until bubbly on top and hot all the way through.
Well. I hope this is good because I haven't tasted it yet when I wrote this!!!!!!!!! Ha!