Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Recipe: The Rest

As previously mentioned, I'm moving to Seattle. Part of getting ready involves eating as much of the food I've hoarded in my cabinets as possible. Rachel and I tend to get carried away with food (bet you didn't know that, did you?), so this has been a fun task for us the past several weeks. In one night, we ate homemade asian steambuns filled with left over spicy lentils from a freezer jar; thai lemongrass and chicken soup; and the aforementioned spicy lentils over brown rice, smothered in mozzarella cheese. Well, tonight I wanted lentil soup, and it ended up being a recipe utilizing a lot of "the rest" of stuff in our kitchen.

Ingredient list:
  • The rest of the lentils in the house - red and french green
  • The rest of the hot yellow curry powder
  • The rest of a baggie of dehydrated onion flakes
  • The rest of a Pacific tetrapak of chicken broth
  • The rest of an open can of Trader Joe's light coconut milk
  • The rest of my broccoli from last week
  • The rest of my bunch of carrots from last week
  • The rest of some celery from god only knows when
  • Some ginger, Bragg's, and cumin
and of course... spooned this over the rest of the white jasmine rice in the house (only about a half cup dry left, sorry Rachel).

Pretty tasty! Lentils look pretty disgusting on camera though...



No comments: