Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Carol's Birthday Weekend

Carol's Birthday-7-18-09-21

Carol's birthday was on July 14, and her family visited for the weekend so Phil and Sophia also came to town. It was the first time I'd met Budge, Mary, Sally and Bob, and I had a great time hanging out with them and eating food. On Friday, before Phil had gotten here, I joined them at Pok Pok for the best dinner I've had in Portland since moving here last summer. On Saturday, Carol made a couple platters of the feast above - one with salmon and one with halibut. Phil and I managed to slip in some rock climbing up at French's Dome before dinner, and on Sunday he went and kayaked the Wind River. All in all, an extremely fun filled weekend with good food, great company, and wonderful Oregon weather.

Mt. Hood from the road to French's Dome, E Lolo Pass.
Mt Hood from E Lolo Pass Rd


No comments: