Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day and Martinis

On Sunday mom, grandma, Uncle Doug, Uncle Daryl, Janet, Phil and I went out to dinner at Clarke's in Lake Oswego. It was stellar - all of us ordered the same two things except for Daryl. Lobster risotto or New York Strip Steak. All of our food was incredible and when the desert menu came, I jumped at the opportunity to try one of their espresso martinis. I went out last night and got ingredients to try concocting this at home it was SOOOO incredibly yummy. Now I have added an extra ingredient and perfected my own recipe.

Espresso (coffee) Martini
  • 2 oz Super dark brewed coffee, cold (or espresso)
  • 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
  • 3/4 oz of Kahlua
  • 1/2 oz of Peppermint Schnapps
Fill a 16oz drink shaker with ice cubes, add all the above ingredients and shake well. Strain into a martini glass - you'll get a beautiful creme on top from the shaking. It looks just like a freshly pulled shot of espresso.

No comments: